Applications for guidance and advice on disposal of various products
What the service is about
Owners, producers, handlers or other people having in their custody products that may cause a negative environmental impact when not properly handled or disposed of, need advice from REMA on the proper disposal modes.
This service allows custodians of such products to apply to REMA for authorization and guidance for disposal.
Who are provided the service
Custodians in the public or private sector of products likely cause a negative environmental impact when not properly handled or disposed of, especially hazardous, toxic, expired or substandard products.
Service processes (steps)
1. Application by the holder with details on the nature, type, quantities and specifications of products to dispose of
2. Inspection of products by REMA and assessment of the appropriate disposal options
3. Response to the applicant with details on requirements and procedures for disposal
4. Follow up of the disposal by REMA
Required documents( for application)
Technical specifications of the products
Important notice to applicants (if any)
- The cost of disposal is paid by the applicant
- REMA does not charge any fee for the visit and guidance
Important links (if any)